{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, March 1, 2018

happy march ...

turtle dove love 
hidden treasures
a brisk lake walk
to welcome in a new month
bird watching 
~happy march~
I hear the sparrow's ditty
      Anear my study door;
      A simple song of gladness
      That winter days are o'er;
      My heart is singing with him,
      I love him more and more....
Oh, Spring is surely coming,
      Her couriers fill the air;
      Each morn are new arrivals,
      Each night her ways prepare;
      I scent her fragrant garments,
      Her foot is on the stair.
~John Burroughs (1837–1921), "A March Glee," c.1902

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy March, Deb!

I have sparrows fighting over my three birdhouses! So funny!

Jane x

Deb said...

hi Jane ~ happy March x
love that you have sparrows in your garden ;-D