{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

Inukshuk
Canada's symbol of the North

Inuk "man"
Shuk "substitute"

"Every path serves a purpose"
~Gene Oliver~
***
I love spotting Inukshuks along the highway ♥
Built in the image of man and used as a directional marker.
Their strength and presence give  comfort to travelers assuring them they are never alone.
"We can choose
to throw stones
to stumble on them
to climb over them
or
to build with them"
~William Arthur Ward"

4 comments:

Sandi said...

"..or build with them."

:-)

Build!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the quote by Oliver, and then I melted with the last one. They are so needed sometimes in the stages of life, for me; now.

Never heard or have seen anything like these stones. They are fascinating!

Jane x

Deb said...

hi Sandy ~ I loved this William Arthur Ward quote the minute I read it ... yes, build, always build xo

Deb said...

hi Jane ~ so happy these quotes spoke to you as well xo
hope you are having a wonderful weekend!