{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, January 23, 2017

The rhythm of the day ...

the textures and colour found on a January afternoon
I stop to take in their beauty
treasures to be found everywhere
Archer knows ...
the leaves that have hung on
and aged so well ...
and the trees ...
bark breaking free ...
a winter's lunch for nearby birds ...

How can you explain
that you need to know
that the trees are still there,
and the hills and the sky?
Anyone knows they are.
How can you say
it is time your pulse responded to another rhythm
the rhythm of the day and the season
instead of the hour and the minute?
No, you cannot explain.
So you walk.
~Unknown~

2 comments:

Seawashed said...

So beautiful Deb. My favorite season to be in nature is actually Winter. The colors and quiet are the most peaceful to me. But I have had the flu keeping me indoors most of this month. I hope to get out this weekend to walk under the 100 year old Camellia grove in bloom...it is in full bloom only in January.

Deb said...

Thank you Kerrie ~ I love Winter too. Hope you are feeling better xo Your Camellia sounds incredible ~ and only blooming in January ... how magical ♥