{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...

I love anything in miniature & have a few mini Christmas trees set up throughout my home.
One in the kitchen ... one in the dining room ... the studio ... our bedroom :-)
o.k ... maybe more than a few ♥

Last year, some of my blog posts were around the theme
"A Vintage Christmas ♥ Comfort & Joy" where I shared tutorials to  some easy to create crafts.
One of those being a garland especially for miniature trees.
It was created using bakers twine and miniature pom poms.
*these blog posts/tutorials can be found on my blog sidebar*
I came across a bag of pom poms in various shades of red this morning and a long strand of vintage lace and thought how pretty the two would look together as a garland for one of my trees.
So easy to create
You only need
~ ribbon/lace
~miniature pom poms
~hot glue gun /glue stick
I found the bag of pom poms & lace when I went about looking for some miniature bells for my original craft idea this morning :-)
A miniature frame that was waiting for a little Sparrow to be painted  and hung on my Woodland Animal tree.
Created using the tiniest square of watercolour paper
and a few paints ...
Attach a small piece of cardstock to the back (remember to sign and date)
Cut a  strip of ribbon/lace long enough to create a loop on the top for hanging,
and a tail to fall from the bottom.
Add a small jewelry finding and hook 2 miniature decorative bells.
Loop the finding through bottom of ribbon .
Hang on your miniature tree (or attach to gift)
~It's a small world ... after all~
♥♥♥

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful as always
Merry Christmas with much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne

sage and spirit said...

I LOVE the idea of a woodland animal Christmas tree! What a thoughtful way to honor the wild creatures.
x

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Love the pompom garland. It looks to me as though you are enjoying the holidays! Have a Merry Christmas!

Mereknits said...

It is just lovely Deb,
Hugs,
Meredith

The Reed Warbler said...

Beautiful as always. Have a wonderful Christmas, Anita xx

Deb said...

Merry Christmas dear Jeanne ♥

Deb said...

Thank you Julie ~ Merry Christmas ♥

Deb said...

Thank you Andrea ~ Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas ♥

Deb said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Meredith with your sweet little one & Max ♥

Deb said...

Thank you so much dear Anita ~ sending warm Christmas wishes to you and yours ♥