{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Saturday, July 11, 2015

Where Bloggers Create 2015 ...

So happy be participating in Where Bloggers Create 2015
Thank you Karen Valentine for hosting this wonderful event where we open up the doors to our studio spaces ~
Welcome to
Vintage Sparrow Studio
I am so happy to have you drop by.
Lots more studio photos can be found on my sidebar by clicking on
the Where Bloggers Create image from past years.
My little studio fuels my creativity
and soothes my soul.
It is filled with treasures that mean the world to me.
A spot where I can bring my ideas to paper ...
I opened up a little Etsy shop less than a year ago and have met so many lovely
people while sending my Art all over the world ♥
©The lovely~ness of daily~ness is my mantra
I truly believe that it is the small, daily events in life that are the most important.
Daily visits from the Sparrows are a blessing to our garden.
Sparrow Studio holds lots of lovely little found treasures.
In fact, just about everything (short of gifts) has been found either at a garage sale, auction, our local animal charity shop ... and even curb side.
Like the Sparrows, I love to gather up these treasures, bringing them back to my home and weave them into a little nesting spot ♥
an assortment of canvas filled with images of bunnies, fox, trees, the moon , sun and stars fill a corner of the room...
Always something sitting on my art table
I am always with my camera, and love to turn my pictures into cards ...
this Yellow Finch sitting in our Lilac bush was taken through my kitchen window :-)
 
my favourite summer bouquet ... hand picked dandelion blooms in a jam jar
from my grand son xoxo
My favourite water vessel,
a mug with my children's image on the front
taken 25 years ago.
It isn't just painting that happens in Sparrow Studio ...
I like to create jewelry,
and weave ...
make dream catchers ...
for inside and out ...
sew
plan my garden and create little seed packages to gift to friends ...
carve stamps ...
whimsy always :-)
where the sun streams in ...
and memories from long ago sketches hang ...
She loved her Sparrows
From Where You Dwell
#1 in the ©Women of the Woods Series
inspired by my love and respect for Nature. While on long Woodland walks with my dog, listening to the sweet serenades of Sparrows, the idea of a series came to me.
and speaking of my dog ...
Archer - my constant companion in the Studio and out ... who I refer to as my "tea/coffee break reminder" because who could resist that face !
I suppose I am a Sparrow
A stay-at-home-bird
~Gladys Taber~
Thank you so much for stopping by.
I've loved showing you around ... hope you come by again ♥
I'm looking forward to visiting the other participating studios and see where you create.
~have a wonderful weekend friends~

38 comments:

Country Gal said...

Oh how lovely . I to am a nature lover and also have my best friend with me all the time my Miggs and I love gardening and I love photography as well , I don't have a studio per say but love to make cards , calendars, frame and hang my photos on our walls and share photos with my family and blog friends ! Your art work and crafts are wonderful . My hubby enjoys wood working and is in his shop right now making more bird houses . Thanks for sharing , I enjoyed this post as I do all your posts . Have a good week !

Deb said...

Hello Elaine, thank you for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment. Hope you and Miggs have a wonderful weekend ♥

Leanne said...

oooh what a pretty Singer sewing machine! Loved peeking at your art and the nature that surrounds you.

La Table De Nana said...

You are so talented!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I like the various craft materials you work with and find the Women of the Woods series enchanting.
Your studio name is sweet and sparrows are a favourite bird to have in our yard.
Happy crafting.

Foxhollow Studio said...

So enjoyed your space, I too love birds. We also both share a lot of different interest in creating our art. Thank you for sharing your space with us! It was so inspiring.

Teresa Young
www.foxhollowstudio.com

Blondie's Journal said...

I've been to a few of the artists in this event, Deb, and your poat was simply lovely and a bit different. You have so many creative outlets and it is not so much the space around you as is what is in your heart. I didn't know you sewed! So many talents What you feel in the outdoors- I identify.

Hugs to you---so sorry I've been behind. The hand doesn't help! :)

Jane x

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your artwork is lovely, and being out in nature is definitely the most wonderful creative space for our imaginations, hearts and souls.

Happy Creating ~ FlowerLady

Julie Marie said...

So beautiful, serene and comforting dear Deb, xo

Halle said...

What a lovely post! Thanks for stopping by my creative space as well.

Denise said...

I enjoyed My visit and was inspired by Your art.I love each piece.I'm so glad I dropped by.Denise

Denise said...

I am now Your newest follower : )

Deborah Weber said...

Oh what a delightful peek into your studio and how lovely to see your wonderful work. Happy creating!

Art and Sand said...

You had me with that green Singer.

Deb said...

hello Leanne ~ thank you for your visit ~ found the sewing machine at a garage sale years ago ~ loved the colour ♥

Deb said...

thank you so much Monique ♥

Deb said...

thank you Judith ~ love the name Lavender cottage too ♥

Deb said...

thank you Teresa ~ love the name Fox hollow Studio ♥

Deb said...

hi Jane ~ thank you for stopping by ~ since I had already posted so many studio pics in other years of participating & it looks pretty much the same :-) I thought I'd show what I've been up to which changes all the time :-) ♥ Hope your hand is on the mend xo

Deb said...

hi Lorraine ~ thank you & I could not agree more about Nature ♥ the greatest inspiration

Deb said...

thank you Julie Marie ♥ xo

Deb said...

thank you Halle ~ it's been wonderful seeing everyone's studio/creative spaces ♥

Deb said...

thank you so very much Denise ~ love having you follow along ♥

Deb said...

thank you Deborah ~ happy creating to you too ♥

Deb said...

hi Carol ~ found the green Singer years ago at a garage sale and just had to have it :-) thank you for stopping by ♥

Jeanne said...

Very lovely creations. Thanks for all you share.
Love Jeanne

Deb said...

thank you Jeanne for your lovely visits and kind comments ♥ I so appreciate them.

Connie said...

Dear Deb, I love your blog and your art work. Your work seems to soothe my soul. So beuitful and so calming. I'm so delighted that I found your blog. I am your newest follower and I would truly be honored if you where to decide to follow me back:)
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)

Sandy said...

Adore your paintings! Coveting that fabulous green sewing machine! Thank you for a tiny peek into your creative realm.

Deb said...

hello Connie~ thank you so much for your visit and leaving such a lovely comment ~ I really appreciate it ♥ Thank you also for wanting to follow along ~ you are most welcome.

Deb said...

hi Sandy ~ Thank you so much!
glad you like the green sewing machine :-) it's pretty cute ♥ so happy you stopped by!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I realize I’m late visiting, but I couldn’t miss this opportunity to see your beautiful and creative work space. You make AWESOME art. I'm drooling.

You have such a lovely space from the green sewing machine to the lovely cup that holds your brushes and water, to the beautiful photographs you take. Like you, I find most of my art fodder in thrift stores and at garage sales. No big name embellishments found at my place. Thanks for sharing this true beauty.

Karen Valentine said...

What a talented lady you are Deb! I really enjoyed looking at the art you create in your Vintage Sparrow Studio (love the name by the way) I am so happy you joined the party this year and allowed a peak inside. The post was really beautiful. :)
xo,
Karen

Deb said...

thank you so much Elizabeth for stopping by and leaving your kind, generous comment ♥ I so appreciate it xo

Deb said...

thank you so much Karen ~ I love participating each year and having a peak inside everyone's studio/creative spaces. ♥

My thrift store addiction said...

LOVE your beautiful art, especially your sparrows & your sewing machine is fabulous too! Blessings, Cecilia

Deb said...

thank you so much Cecilia for your visit and kind comment ♥

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Cute space and I really enjoy the fact that you showed a lot of your own work, great seeing someone else liking making stamps. Great tour, thank you for sharing your space.