{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Monday, July 14, 2014

Where Bloggers Create ...

Happy to be participating in this years
blog party.
Where Bloggers Create buttons found on my sidebar will take you to tours of Sparrow Studio
from other years.
 Welcome to my studio ♥
here you will find...
 words on walls ...
cubbies filled with collections ...
lots of  magazines
containers holding brushes
 and favourite white pens (26 at last count)
my painting smock hanging on a hook by my desk
baskets filled with stamps
 childhood keepsakes like my jar of treasured marbles
 my art table waiting for new paintings
old paintings
 every thing in my studio (with the exception of my art cupboard which was built by my husband) was found at an auction, garage sale, thrift shop or, curbside with a "take me" sign which is where I found my principals desk many years ago.
 
 I love brown wrapping paper!
 one of my favourite things to do is cover my art table with it.
 not only does it keep the table clean, but it's perfect for jotting down ideas which often come to me while I am painting or crafting.
 my traveling art box
filled with paints and brushes
 and small sheets of watercolour paper
to create little cards
 bookcases filled with more magazines
 and journals filled with quotes
 my inspiration board
& another wonderful find ... an old magazine rack from a variety store
to hold magazines I have had the honour to be published in.
 canvas boards wait patiently
for their turn on the easel.
Thank you for your visit!
Thank you Karen for hosting again this year.
Looking forward to stopping by and seeing where other Bloggers Create ♥

20 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Oh lala so much to see and enjoy!
Great ideas..Love that stamp cubby hole..the twine..the idea of brown kraft paper..everything!

Jennifer LaVite said...

What a wonderful space. I love the brown paper idea. I hope you can stop by my blog to see my creative space as well.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is always fun to see where people create.

Deb said...

hello Monique ~ I smiled when I read the beginning of your lovely comment which to me said "Oh LaLa" ... as LaLa is what my grandbabies call me :-) ♥
thank you for your visit xo

Deb said...

thank you Jennifer ~ will definitely stop by and see your creative space!

Deb said...

hello lisa ~ I love to see creative little spots too and looking forward to visiting as many as possible ♥

Julie Marie said...

So fun seeing it all dear Deb!... love all of the wonderful things you have collected here and there... and all of your special treasures, like the little jar of marbles... what a cozy and relaxing space for you to create in... you have as many magazines as I do!... but I keep them always and refer to them often as I am sure you do too... so proud of you for being featured in the many publications that you have been in... Sparrow Studio is such a beautiful haven... wish I could visit there one day... kisses to Archer from Tessy... xoxo Julie Marie

Deb said...

hello Julie marie ~ so happy you stopped by {yes, in person would be better} :-)
thank you for all your kind words.
love from me and archer ♥

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great space! You look like you are perfectly set up here for a day of contentment!

Seawashed Kerrie said...

I am going to have to get me some white pens. I have buckets of brown paper wrap and those white pens look lovely on it. I use a similar paper that come in large sheets in a more natural color to cover my art table with when painting...I get it for free from Homegoods or Ikea. It is easy to toss after I've covered it in paint splatter!

Your studio is cozy. thank you for sharing!

June said...

What a joy to see where you create your beautiful art Deb! Every shot of your studio told me more about you. I am in love with the painting of the woman!!!
sending hugs...

Deb said...

thank you Kathy ~ time certainly flies by when I am there ♥

Deb said...

hello Kerrie ~ thank you for stopping by ♥ Using the brown wrap from purchases to cover my desk was how it began :-) my art table is an old Duncan Phyfe picked up off the streets on "scrappers day" - it is well beyond "protecting" but I love the brown wrap covering for jotting down ideas etc.

Deb said...

good morning june ~ thank you so much for stopping by & your lovely words.
the painting is an older one of my daughter at her graduation ♥

Lynda said...

Thanks for sharing a peek into your studio, Deb!

Hope you're enjoying these cooler days - I'm not complaining! :)

xo

Mereknits said...

Very interesting visiting your creative space Deb.
Hugs,
Meredith

Deb said...

hello Lynda ~ thank you for stopping by! loving these cooler temps too ♥

Deb said...

hi Meredith ~ not much had changed from other years joining in with WBC, so thought I would just focus on a few specifics :-)

★ Sugarplum Fairy ★ said...

Beautiful studio! I loved all the details of it, like your cubbies filled with collections or your brown wrapping paper with your art and ideas, that is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing your creative space!

Deb said...

thank you for your visit sugarplum fairy ~ hope you stop by again ♥