{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, January 3, 2014

my guiding word ~ twenty-fourteen ...

♥Nourish♥
What one relishes, nourishes ~Benjamin Franklin
***
As in past years, I like to begin January 1st with a 'guiding word'.
Usually around mid December, I start thinking about my Guiding Word, being aware of subtle hints of what it will be.  Somehow it always seems to appear over & over.
This year, the word that spoke to me when I was reading, watching television, having a conversation, spotting a quote was
 *Nourish*
Divine nourishment
 creativity,
 mind,
 body,
 soul,
 home
You nourish your soul
by fulfilling
your destiny.
Our heart always leads us
to our destiny,
our soul
tells us
when we're there
~Harold Kushner~
 

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love your word and mine is blessings.

May we be nourished and blessed this year with the very best indeed.

Love Jeanne

Monica said...

It is simply amazing. So, so wonderful!
Now can't wait to see how it will guide you along your journey...
xoxo

Julie Marie said...

Hello Deb... I love your guiding word... "Nourish"... and the beautiful meanings behind it... I also love that it kept drifting back into your thoughts, letting you know that indeed was the word to guide you into the new year... your photo is beautiful!... I am so anxious for our flowers, butterflies, bees and all of God's creatures to return once more as Spring approaches... much love, xoxo Julie Marie PS I just posted my word too... actually, two of them... one because of you...

Lynda said...

That's a great word, Deb! Happy New Year! xoxo

Deb said...

hello Jeanne ~ nourished & blessed indeed ♥

Deb said...

thank you Monica ~ me too ♥

Deb said...

dear Julie Marie ~ the photo is an OLDIE & seemed like so much colour when I uploaded it after all the snowy pics :-)
loved your 'chosen' words xo

Deb said...

happy new year Lynda ♥

Mereknits said...

Perfect word, I love it and all that is stands for. I am going with Embrace, I think I have to embrace life more.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

kristieinbc said...

Happy New Year! Nourish is a great word choice. This is my first year of having a word, and I have picked the Danish word hygge.

Deb said...

love the word Embrace - that was my guiding word for 2012 ♥ I hope it is magical for you Meredith xo

Deb said...

hi Kristie ~ it is so ironic to read that your guiding word is hygge. I had never heard it until recently & was pronouncing it incorrectly ~ it is (hYOOguh). Love that it's meaning is "cozy". Such a lovely word ♥