{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, October 2, 2013

garden gifts ...

come sit a spell  & enjoy this beautiful Autumn weather...
painted this scarecrow many, many years ago on a scrap piece of wood
he comes out of storage & takes his place on  the front porch every October :-)
the leaves are changing colour
and covering our front lawn with a blanket of red, gold, and green...
I've been turning them into leaf bouquets for the house ♥
and re-purposing an old orange cardigan ...
it will now live as boot toppers, hand-warmers,  pumpkins & tiny owls ...
my favourite October bookmark
is a simple leaf
from our Maple...
I will leave them inside books
to press
 ♥
Since we Celebrate Thanksgiving October 14th here in Canada, I thought I'd leave the link to last years post that has tutorials on how I create "jack~be~little~pumpkins" & "gathering cutlery pouches" to pretty up your Thanksgiving table.  Both super quick & easy to make.
xo

5 comments:

Mereknits said...

I am so jealous that beautiful Autumn is visiting you so brilliantly. Here it is green all over and a high of 91 degrees today. Wah!
Hugs,
Meredith

Country Gal said...

Wonderful post and photos . Oh this weather has been amazing . So much colour sunshine ans sweet smells of harvest fields and wood smoke in the fresh air crickets singing all day and night ... I love it ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

Monica said...

So welcoming, Deb! Love the painted scarecrow and of course, the sweet sweater pumpkin and gorgeous leaf inside the book! Visiting you always warms my heart!
xoxo

Julie Marie said...

Sooo beautiful Deb!... I love your leaf bouquets and your little sweater pumpkin!... such a gorgeous time of year, my favorite... love your leaf bookmark too... I have many leafs pressing right now as well... Happy Autumn to you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Jeanne said...

Beautiful my lovely friend. I love all you share. Love Jeanne♥