{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

From the February Garden ...

I try and save my bouquets as long as possible by keeping the water fresh & cutting and re-cutting the stems often until they are only tall enough to stand in a mug of water :-)
One of the reasons I love daisies so much ... they last for weeks and weeks.
The french pussy willow bush in our garden is full of fluffy little puffs ~ oh I love pussy willow & having something new and blooming in the garden in February is a bonus !

With a bucket full of tall stems, I began clipping away ...
and filled in all the empty spaces in the vases with pussy willow branches  ♥
A garden
 is a grand teacher.
It teaches
patience
and careful watchfulness;
it teaches
industry
and thrift;
above all
it teaches
entire trust
~Gertrude Jekyll~


5 comments:

Mereknits said...

Pussy Willows, oh my I had forgotten all about them. They are so beautiful with the promise of Spring.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Jeanne said...

Beautiful indeed. I love pussywillows and your quote........on gardens. Love Jeanne

Lori ann said...

i love daisys too deb, the most cheerful of flowers!

Starr White said...

I've always wanted pussy willows. They are on my gardening wish list. I think we are all longing for spring - I went out and bought a handful of spring issue home and garden mags the other day. Spent yesterday morning by the fire, flipping through them, wistfully dreaming of spring......

Barb said...

Oh, I adore pussy willows! Yours are so fluffy - I only have wild ones and although they are pretty - they aren't as fluffy.