{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Details of daily life ...

What I dream of
is an art
of balance
~Henri Matisse~
The true secret of happiness
lies in taking a genuine interest
in all the details
of daily life
and elevating them
to an art
~William Morris~
Textures - Kim Klassen ~  Photo 1: the ladder, Photo 2:aurora, Photo 3: embrace
It is cold ... -10 Celsius.  A few flurries dance outside my window ...
Archer has no interest in going out for his walk ~ curled up on his bed is suiting him fine today :-)
No birds or squirrels stopping by the feeders ~ I hope they have a warm, safe resting spot too.
~Warm Wednesday Wishes~
♥D

7 comments:

Monica said...

Beautiful. Love your poetry.
xoxo

Deb said...

thank you Monica ♥

Jeanne said...

Much love and many blessings I love your quotes and photographs.
Love and hugs and smiles across the miles. Stay warm. Love Jeanne

Deb said...

thank you Jeanne ♥

Mereknits said...

I think curled up on a warm bed sounds perfect.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Debra said...

I have loved visiting this gorgeous blog-thank you for your blog-visit too! I had not read the Gladys Taber quote before, about being a sparrow-so true!
I guess we have black Labs in common as well!
~Debra

Kelly said...

Oh, I feel your cold! It has been the coldest winter in Utah in thirty years. Winston doesn't want to go out either...he's put on some weight again this winter! I hope it warms up soon. I keep thinking about balance too this new year...thanks for the beautiful poem. xo