{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...

To help deal with the hot, humid weather we've been experiencing this Summer,
we've kept our meals light.  Curried couscous salad , hummus on crisp bread with fresh sliced tomatoes and cucumber is quick and easy to prepare, delicious and good for you ♥
It's so versatile that you can throw in anything you like.
It makes a wonderful lunch, and for more of a  dinner I add a cup of chickpeas and hard boiled egg.
 1 cup of whole wheat couscous (cook according to package directions)
1/4 small head red cabbage, julienned
1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
handful of dried cranberries (or raisins)
handful of cashews
*Fluff couscous with a fork.  Add cabbage, spinach, cranberries and cashews and toss.
Dressing
1 1/2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 TBSP curry powder
salt & pepper to taste
*Mix and pour dressing over salad.  Toss and serve warm.
Serves 2 dinner or 4 lunch.
The greatest delight
the fields and woods minister
is the suggestion of an occult relation
between man  and the vegetable.
I am not alone
and unacknowledged.
They nod to me
and I
to them.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
***
I am Thankful to live within walking distance to a wonderful Farmer's Market where we can pick up ingredients for dinner ♥

5 comments:

Monica said...

Never tried couscous- should I? It looks yummy.
Thinking of you daily, I still have a deadline to meet, then I'll email you :)
Hugs xoxo.

Jeanne said...

The wonders and beauty of summer and her bounty of fresh food for us.
How wonderful indeed.
Love all you share.
thanks for the fabulous recipe too.
Love Jeanne♥

Susan said...

Now that looks so delicious! I love no-cook meals during these hot, humid days.

Lori ann said...

we love couscous and will defiently make this. deb, i've been meaning to ask you, how can i follow your blog? is there a subscribe button? please let me know, thank you :)

Deb said...

Thankyou Monica, Jeanne, Susan & Lori ♥
Lori - I will look to see if there is a button I can add ... I do see a following list when I sign in but it is on my dashboard and not my actual blog page. thank you for wanting to follow xo